In this 6-hour online short course, made up of concise bite-size multimedia resources, you will:
- Gain a solid grounding in the most fundamental concepts of nutrition
- Explore the trends and current state of modern nutrition and their relationship with weight
- Focus on the key factors contributing to weight gain
- Learn how effective weight management should look in clinical practice
Treatment methods to achieve weight loss and weight loss maintenance will be explained.
- Feel confident
- Be prepared
- Make the right, evidence-based, decisions
Transcript: According to research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, a medical student can get as little as 2 hours of education in nutrition during their studies. Admittedly, the average education hours are higher, at around 20 hours, but the consensus is that there is a “severe deficiency of nutrition education at all levels of medical training.”
Our own research shows fewer than one in a thousand UK health professionals have received specialist training in the field of obesity and weight management at all. When considering these two statistics, in the context of our current public health challenges, the emerging picture is not pretty. The foundational links between nutrition and weight management needs to be understood by the medical profession if we want to reverse the current worrying trends of overweight and obesity.
Enrol on this online course today to step forward in your career, raise your profile, and gain greater professional satisfaction, confidence, and esteem.
See you online!